When I was in kindergarten, most of the time I’d want to wear some version of my favorite outfit: a tutu paired with rain boots and a fireman’s hat. It sounds…unique, but at the same time I think my five-year-old self had a better idea of balance than I did throughout my 20s and early part of my 30s. As I’ve gone about assimilating back into normal clothes, I’ve found myself to be more drawn to a mix and match – feminine dresses, classic tailoring, and monochromatic staples paired with androgynous, chunky boots. I splurged on a Ganni pair that I’ve worn more times than I can count and love the look so much I rounded up some of the others I’m considering.
STYLE 1: Pair them with a floral dress with a feminine silhouette.
STYLE 2: Wear them with a white button-down and a classic pair of denim.
STYLE 3: Thrown on high-waisted, flared pants, an androgynous tank top, and add a cardigan over your shoulders.
2. Loeffler Randall Toni Lug Sole Boot ($395)
3. J. Crew Gwen Lug-Sole High-Shaft Chelsea Boots (on sale for $199)
4. STAUD Palamino Boots ($450)
5. Sam Edelman Laguna Waterproof Boot ($170)
8. Marc Fisher LTD Meron Lugsole Ankle Bootie (on sale for $136)
9. Dolce Vita Moana Bootie ($120)
10. MANGO Track Outsole Boots ($100)
11. Madden Girl Cindy Chelsea Boot ($65)